I realize that though we are spawned from all walks of life, we as women still have the common grounds of still fighting for our rights to have equal opportunities and fair treatment in this world that still puts men first!
Add to that the many experiences we similarly can relate to...having ours dreams crushed by a man and reinstated by a child, undergoing the nightmares of navigating up the blockaded corporate latter or facing the fears of tackling a new enterprise solo, finally meeting the loves of our lives, hustling during times of financial turmoil, drama with maintaining friendships, health calamities, hardships of childrearing, and struggles to maintain our sense of commitment to "self"...it's all A LOT and further supports why we should embrace one another and help pick another sister up when down but also boosting another during times of success and progression.
I found through my life experiences that people are hard to find on both polar ends-- when you're struggling the most AND when you're living your best life. It's almost as though we are afraid to share sorrow and joy in a close manner with our inner circles.
Do not mind my thoughts out loud and rambling as it is merely my opinion, but ask yourself...am I my Sisters' Keeper? Have I placed myself in a position to mentally and emotionally and physically "be there" for another woman who is my friend and/or family? This isn't just lending an occasional ear, gossiping, and offering an unwanted opinion. It means offering assistance, being available and present, and being in touch no matter whether the forecast is sunny or a chance of rain. I, myself, have glitches in this department. We as women offer our entire beings to a man for all kinds of supporr yet we are unwilling to unveil the same delivery for our sisters. Time to wake up the world and put in work!!!
--xoxo Goddess


No comments:
Post a Comment