Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Basketball Wives: Selling Dreams of the High Life

I struggled with titling this entry. I could've went in so many directions leading back to the same elements: Shamelessness. Insecurity. Immaturity. Greed. Tacky. Unhappiness.  What do you get when you take a handful of groupies, engage them with ballers and upgrade their lifestyle off of players' sweat (you wasn't wit me shootin' in the gym! resonating), make them single again and roll the cameras on their daily lives? America's embarassment aired out to over 2 million viewers. 

I'm not going to criticize here today...my intent will be to just breakdown the madness.  And for the record, if you think these self-proclaimed b*tches got famous for nothing be reminded that their vaginas took a lot of A-list pounding for fame...not to mention, SOME have done well to market their 'brands'.  So let's get started...


This group is so reminiscent of that catty, mean popular clique in high school that overly felt themselves then became adults that never grew up and still lived in their bubble.  I am anxious to see how Season 5 will implement "positivity" according to Shaunie's claims when they don't even know what that smells like and ratings would drop faster than drawers to highest paid ball players.  Here are some things I am left wondering:


•Why are the 3 ousted chicks (Jen, Kesha, and Royce) the ones who DON'T fight if Shaunie wants to clean house?
•Why is Suzie a backstabber and we never see her kids?
•Why does Shaunie's and Jen's noses always look like they smelled burnt cookies?
•Why doesn't anyone tell Tami she needs AA and psychotropic medications?
•Did Evelyn & Jen have lesbian hookups in the past?
•Why doesn't Kenya Bell have $ did she not f*ck high enough on the player totem pole?
•Why did Jen touch Eric EVERRRRRR???
•How come Tami, Suzi, and Shaunie just don't seem happy despite fame & fortune?
•Would Evelyn like Chad if he was a regular hood ninja? I mean, does he resemble an anteater or is it just me?
•Why did Evelyn think chicks can buy $1000 shoes?
•Does Jen really think princesses exist and why would anyone need more than a 2BR apartment with no kids?
•Why can't Suz get her teeth fixed?
•How do these chicks drink alcohol 24/7?
•How much is their fine dining expenses on a weekly basis?
And a few things I NEVER want to see again...

•Royce crying
•Tami bullying after being drunk
•Kesha running from a brawl
•Kenya making a video
•Royce fighting with a baby momma on Twitter

Lastly, things I can respect...

•Jen's, Ev's, and Tami's weave choices
•Jen and Ev's outfits
•Tami and Ev's jewelry
•Ev's accent
•Royce's ability to rebound

Just a lil something from a bum b*tch in the outskirts of Miami from the project window of my 2BR Apartment...
--xoxo Goddess

No comments:

Post a Comment